Will the Accutension support Android Phone

Everything related to Accutension Cuff.
  • Learn product updates.
  • Ask questions on the Accutension Cuff.
  • Share your calibration findings.
  • Suggest new features of Accutension Cuff app.
  • Report a bug.
Please start a new thread if the topic is new.
thkiti

Will the Accutension support Android Phone

Post by thkiti » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:55 am

I just received the Accutension and it indicate support only iPhone. When I first back the project as I have read it will support Android Phone too. Now I have the cuff but no phone ...

Q: How do I know, if my smartphone would be working with Accutension?
A: Accutension works with iPhone 4S and iPad 3 above for Apple product and majority of Samsung-like Android phone (Android 3.0 and above).

Junfeng

Re: Will the Accutension support Android Phone

Post by Junfeng » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:01 pm

Sorry to see this. We prototyped the App based on Android phone, a Google Nexus 5 as shown in the video. But later on, we found some issues regarding Android fragmentation. We posted an update two months ago and you can find it in the update page. Do you have an iPad or iPad mini?
Then, here is a bad news. We decided to postpone Accutension App Android version release, because recently when we did validation of the App on some Android phones, we can't get the same sound performance across Android phones of various models. It is a tough decision for us, because we committed both Andriod and iOS. Actually we started our initial development on Android and did first validation on Nexus 5 phone - Google's Android phone. The App running in the crowdfunding video is also Android versions. But we think accurate measurement and consistent results are the most important. The android phone platform is very fragmented for both hardware and opperating system. The Android phone manufacturers did a lot of customization for both hardware and the Android OS, which have affected the sound performance. Our App iOS version supports both iPhone and iPad. Please let me know if you have any concerns.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Smartphone auscultatory blood pressure measurement - hearing is believing.

Guido

Post by Guido » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi,

since you have developed a software that works with a Nexus 5 and I own a Nexus 5 could you please send me the software so I can install it myself?
Otherwise I have no way of using your great product.

Thanks.

Guido

thkiti

Post by thkiti » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:39 am

Can I use with Mac Book Air?